Cello Health Communications is a vibrant healthcare communications agency with a global client base, offering superb prospects. Our vision – to make a sustainable and beneficial change for patients, health services and clients – guides everything we do. We are committed to the well-being and development of our people, providing the opportunity to work across a variety of innovative and creative projects with the support of a talented and friendly team.
With our collaborative approach, coupled with the exceptional talents of the wider global Cello Health organisation, we offer a unique experience within healthcare and fantastic opportunities for career progression.
Cello Health MedErgy is a vibrant and growing division of Cello Health Communications that specialises in medical affairs, including strategic publication planning and delivery.
We are looking for an experienced Project Director in the publications management and medical affairs field, who has a ‘can do’ spirit, an exceptional eye for detail and is a highly-skilled communicator. You will work as part of a dynamic team to drive delivery of outstanding projects for our clients. Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
• Understands and is fascinated by medical science, whilst also being a practical organiser
• Understands the commercial working environment and has the drive to get excellent quality work completed
• Excels in written English, with a keen eye for spotting errors
• Has the communications skills to deal with pharmaceutical company clients, healthcare professionals and our suppliers efficiently and professionally
The role involves:
• Providing innovative ideas and driving strategic communication planning to meet clients’ needs
• As part of a team, leading on the delivery of multiple publication management and medical affairs communications projects with different challenges and timelines, on time and to budget, from inception to completion
• Managing, motivating and leading teams to achieve project goals – coordinating with others and coordinating the work of others
• Understanding industry guidelines and driving the compliance processes for our clients and internal team
• Working across a diverse range of therapy areas including pre-clinical and clinical projects
• Overseeing client accounts and driving organic growth for your accounts
• Proactively and confidently liaising with and building relationships with healthcare professionals
• Managing internal and external suppliers (writers, editors, designers, etc)
• Leading and inspiring a team, including line management and supporting and mentoring of staff
• Supporting and learning from all team members including Head of Account Services
• Significant experience working in a medical communications agency, medical publishing or pharmaceutical company or equivalent
• Experience working on publications management and/or medical affairs accounts
• MSc/PhD and CMPP accreditation preferable, but not essential