Why Cello Health Communications?
Cello Health Communications is a vibrant healthcare communications agency with a global client base, offering superb prospects. Our vision – to make a sustainable and beneficial change for patients, health services and clients – guides everything we do. We are committed to the well-being and development of our people, providing the opportunity to work across a variety of innovative and creative projects with the support of a talented and friendly team.
With our collaborative approach, coupled with the exceptional talents of the wider global Cello Health organisation, we offer a unique experience within healthcare and fantastic opportunities for career progression.
We are looking for experienced Project / Account Directors who have a ‘can do’ spirit and are expert communicators, innovators and outcomes-driven leaders, with a proven track record in driving high-quality delivery and business growth on our key accounts. Specifically, we are looking for people who:
- Demonstrate outstanding project leadership and business development skills
- Are excellent communicators with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to take clients on the journey with them
- Have the ability to create and communicate a compelling scientific message and remain calm in the face of shifting priorities and client demands
- Are collaborative in style and a team player
The role involves:
- Leading and growing key accounts, with a diverse portfolio of multichannel projects and programmes (including digital solutions, live events, stakeholder engagement, consensus programmes, research projects and training solutions) across a variety of therapy areas
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs and build successful ongoing relationships
- Contributing to strategic direction of accounts and tactical input into projects
- Overall responsibility for project delivery for a number of key accounts: Understanding all the practicalities of a project to scope out, develop and create a solution that really works and delivers exceptional results
- Managing all financial aspects of project delivery
- Motivating, managing and developing junior members of the team to drive outstanding project delivery in line with industry compliance requirements
- Seeking out and capitalising on business growth opportunities within existing accounts and through identifying opportunities outside the current client base
- Working with the senior management team to drive day-to-day operations
- Life science degree or higher, or excellent scientific and business understanding gained through work experience
- Extensive medical communications agency experience
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of multiple therapy areas with the proven ability to learn new therapy areas quickly
- Strategic mind-set, with excellent client-handling skills and ability to identify and capitalise on business growth opportunities
- Strong analytical skills, a problem solving mind-set and the ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with a high level of scientific/medical literacy
- Excellent organisational/project management skills and an ability to juggle several responsibilities, accounts and projects, manage incoming workload effectively and maintain standards of excellence