- The Behavioural Science team, Disrupt, work to explore why we do what we do. We work with clients across a variety of sectors to uncover powerful insights about why a given behaviour happens and what we can do to influence this. We use nudge theory, behaviour change frameworks, neuroscience techniques and applied anthropology to optimise comms, positioning and overall client strategy.
- This role will involve working in a growing team of behavioural science experts to help us advance our understanding of behaviour, primarily among healthcare professionals and patients. This will involve managing projects that apply variety of lenses to research, including behavioural economics, behaviour change, consumer neuroscience and social and cultural influences. There will be significant opportunity for you to develop the healthcare side of our offering, as well as outside of healthcare in consumer and B2B.
Purpose of Role
- The position is to play an important role in developing Disrupt’s offering into a Centre of Excellence. You will help manage projects across Cello Health Insight, and our B2B and consumer team at Breaking Blue. In terms of development, you’ll be supporting the development of our strategy, capabilities (internal and external) and offering in this area. You will also conduct and advise on behavioural science techniques on projects, as well as work with the BD team on marketing our offer.
- You’ll also continue to develop your research skills, including doing elements of day-to-day project management, analysis and reporting on studies that have a behavioural science lean.
- You will spend approximately 60% of time chargeable on project work and proposals, and the remaining 40% on developing the behavioural science offer within Disrupt.
Core Job Responsibilities
The role will involve managing projects that have a behavioural science lean. It will also involve developing our Behavioural Science offering across the company.
We’ve listed below the sorts of things you will be doing with an estimate of how your time will be divided between the different areas. However as an ad hoc agency, no days are ever the same!
- Seek out, assess and implement new tools, theories and suppliers
- Develop new tools and processes for behavioural science
- Keep up to date with developments and trends in the field of behavioural science
- Educate the organisation on behavioural science practices, and put these into perspective in terms of impact on sales and training staff to implement them
- The ideal candidate will be a numerate, intelligent graduate with several years’ experience of both qualitative and quantitative market research in healthcare. The following criteria are required –
- Higher qualification in Behavioural Science or related field (i.e. Masters or above in disciplines like Psychology or Anthropology) or requisite experience (4+ years applying behavioural science principles in a commercial setting)
- Experience in any of the following:
- Experimental design (e.g. conducting randomised controlled trials)
- Applying behaviour change frameworks and techniques (e.g. COM-B, MINDSPACE)
- Experience in applying behavioural economics principles in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills, including written English, are a pre-requisite as are strong written and presentation skills. You will have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and ideally you will already hold or be nearing completion of the MRS Advanced Certificate. Experience in one or more of our key sectors – health, B2B or consumer – would be an advantage. Experience in an agency setting would also be favourable.