Why Cello Health?
Cello Health is an award winning thought-leading healthcare consulting firm with experts in biotech & pharma strategy, healthcare market research & medical communications.
We are currently hiring for a VP Global Key Account Management to join our dynamic team.
Nurtures long-term relationships with senior client executives in order to understand their strategic issues and key priorities and aligns all enterprise activities and resources to support them, ultimately positioning the organization as a trusted partner. Has responsibility for profitable revenue growth, driving the organization to achieve that growth by securing critical engagements as well as identifying and formulating new business opportunities and identifying new audiences. Orchestrates resources from all functional and geographical areas to sell, deliver and address key client issues to the satisfaction of the client and the achievement of the company’s financial and strategic objectives.
- Engages senior client executives to understand the key strategic priorities and critical issues of the client. Translates these into an annual account strategy/plan as well as the consequent detailed opportunity plans developed in collaboration and alignment with the operating units.
- Networks to thoughtfully build and maintain multiple senior level relationships across the client organization.
- “Connects the dots” to identify new business opportunities that leverage all products, services and thought leadership to address the client’s priorities and issues.
- Provides guidance and strategic direction to the global account community (e.g. operating unit sales, CRDs, service teams, etc.) providing guidance on client’s strategic objectives as well as supporting key opco engagements or helping issue resolution where appropriate. Engages resources and incents their participation.
- Leads large, complex business development efforts.
- Provides feedback for innovation of offerings based on client experiences.
- Understands and communicates client satisfaction drivers; works with teams as appropriate to ensure client satisfaction.
- Takes a proactive role in contract strategy; negotiates effective deals and contracts.
- Builds relationships and effectively engages across the internal organization in order to bring the right resources to bear when needed with the client.
- Collaborates with the internal units to provide input to the budget-setting process for the client.
- Leads by example around operational excellence; optimally utilizing the sales tools available
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably MBA
- More than 10 years relevant global/regional account management experience, and/or consulting
- Extensive knowledge of our offerings, customer account management and pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses the business savvy and industry knowledge to discuss industry and client issues with the senior corporate executives.
- Successful track record in sales management role or senior consultant role, motivating team(s) to consistently achieve assigned revenue and growth goals.
- Has worked in a global/multi-country environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree minimum; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in a B2B international organization ideally in the broad healthcare space