Why Cello Health Communications?
At Cello Health Communications, we care passionately about the science and making evidence matter across the entire healthcare spectrum. We are expert communicators blending science, strategy and creative to optimise the evidence, articulate the story and navigate appropriate channels to impact outcomes and change behavior. Our work covers a wide range of disease areas and activities in the field of scientifically focused communications in all channels, including digital.
Our skills are proudly on display through the energy of our people, who strive for excellence in all they do. And our collaborative approach coupled with the exceptional talents of our growing organization offer a unique experience and career within healthcare.
We are looking for a Director, Learning & Development with a ‘can-do’ spirit, who has excellent communicators skills. You have a passion for learning and an entrepreneurial mindset. Specifically, we are looking for people who are:
- Excellent communicators with strong interpersonal skills
- Constantly curious with a relentless interest in learning
- Able to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Collaborative in style and a team player
The Director, Learning & Development is responsible for global oversight and support of Leaning and Development across the growing global organization. Reporting to the CHRO, the Director, Learning & Development will be accountable for operationalizing the Enterprise’s global learning strategy by creating , curating, and implementing enterprise-wide learning solutions that advance the Company’s goal.
The role requires a balanced ability to
- Set the strategic direction of learning and development for the Enterprise, that reinforces a positive and engaging environment for talent, while equipping the Company to achieve its objectives.
- Lead the design and implementation of Learning & Development Programs that support both employees and leaders
- Define, and plan for a progressive leadership development program that will provide continuous growth opportunities to leaders from a new leader to a senior leader
- Lead a growing team of learning and development practitioners. Coach, mentor, and develop L&D team members.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and evolving understanding of leading-edge adult learning and development techniques and practices.
- Lead the creation of a learning community to ensure alignment of best practice and strategy throughout all learning experiences. Take the lead in ensuring local best practices are made available to the entire learning community (i.e., building community of practice)
- Proactively aligning with essential HR functions to ensure the learning strategy is aligned and embedded with performance management, executive development, DE+I, leadership development, etc.
- Identify and implement learning management and experience platforms
- Support the Talent Management process by collaborating with the HR Team to provide talent-driven learning solutions that develop capabilities to fill existing talent and performance gaps
- Design learning and development activities to meet company needs by utilizing a variety of media; including e-learning, tutorial sessions, workshops, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7 years of broad HR or L&D experience, with 5+ years managing a Learning & Development function
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence key stakeholders, HR and business leaders in a decentralized learning environment
- Must be both strategic and proactive – able to develop and articulate a high-level learning strategy while monitoring and ensuring results and execution.
- Thorough understanding of adult learning theory, learning technologies and instructional design methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of strategy, program design and implementation of learning initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills