Why Cello Health Advantage?
Cello Health Advantage, a boutique that primarily supports new products and business development in biopharma/devices/digital therapeutics/consumer products and services, consists of individuals with corporate/commercial-side experience who have chosen to work in the service side of the industry. We thrive on identifying challenges, evaluating assets, and strategically solving problems. Cello Health Advantage is a business unit of a UK-based company showing strong growth; sister divisions in the US and UK represent a diverse set of skills servicing a cross section of functional areas in healthcare companies. US offices are located in New York; Boston; Philadelphia; Midland Park and Florham Park, New Jersey; and Yardley, Pennsylvania.
The Senior Consultant is primarily responsible for:
- Supporting a cross section of projects ranging from traditional (but potentially rapid) desk research and primary research to more comprehensive opportunity assessments, benchmarking studies, and other assignments
- Note that reporting structure is flexible by project; projects are staffed based on the skill set needed, experience in that methodology, and knowledge and track record in that therapeutic category, so project leads and team composition is fluid
- Specific tasks may include:
- Desk research
- Data mining to complete information gaps in a market landscape
- Working with various portals and databases to pull pricing information, pipeline reports, articles, and government data and reports for desk research; converting the raw data to PowerPoint slides that follow templates, including providing direction to word processing and editorial staff to help with visualization of the reports
- Research to assist in proposal and pitch development
- Supporting primary research (both qual and quant) with:
- Slide development, data analysis, proofing, and other related needs.
- Assist in design and review of primary research tools
- Reviewing and fact checking work product created by other team members
- Identifying subcontractors as needed (programming, panels, etc), preparing RFPs for subcontractors, requesting bids, negotiating terms and rates and awarding the work, supervising the subcontractor
- Organizing and scheduling kick off meetings for primary research with recruiters and moderators for qualitative research and programmers for quantitative research
- Developing and issuing contact reports to document direction and changes in scope and needs with clients.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions for analog intelligence projects
- If appropriate, maintaining relationships with ongoing and past clients, even when inactive
- Assisting in new business efforts when needed and as appropriate, including membership and involvement in industry associations
- Participating in staff meetings; contribute to corporate initiatives (web site, e-newsletter, etc), and attend appropriate training and corporate meetings or Hubs/teams across the Cello Health business units
This is a full-time position. This position can be office-based (when the office opens back up) or full-time remote; a portion of time may be at the client’s location(s) when their offices open up.
Reporting structure is flexible by project; projects are staffed based on the skill set needed, experience in that methodology, and knowledge and track record in that therapeutic category.
A track record of success in either prior positions or undergraduate/graduate education; healthcare experience (1-3 years) is a plus but not required.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree is a plus but not required
- Degree in the sciences is a plus but not required
Desirable skills in this position include:
- Analysis and problem solving
- Professionalism and client service orientation
- Refined communication skills: listening, writing, and presenting to clients, subcontractors, physicians, and team members within the business unit and across units
- Sound judgement
- Excellent time management, work ethic, and work management skills; the ability to work with different team leads and on several active projects at the same time
- Keeping abreast with changes in the industry, methodology, healthcare trends in the US and globally
- Flexibility when working on rapid response reports and maintaining the same high level of quality of the deliverables for those types of projects