Why Cello Health
Cello Health is a thought-leading health advisory firm, with experts in Science, Insight, Strategy, and Communications. When arriving to work here, you will find the team is committed and remarkably driven to solve client demands
We live and breathe our customer’s success, acting as partners to guide the journey of our Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients.
Brief Description: Responsible for global oversight and direction of all aspects of Talent Acquisition. Reporting to the CHRO, the Director, Talent Acquisition will be accountable for ensuring talent is consistently and readily attracted and acquired by shaping TA strategy that is aligned with business goals.
Specific Job Duties: The Director, Talent Acquisition will lead an internal TA focused team, and engage with various internal stakeholders, including business unit leaders, the HR leadership team, functional HR peers, embedded TA specialists, and external vendors and partners.
The role will maintain ultimate responsibility for the direction and success of the Talent Acquisition team for the following recruitment related activities including but not limited to:
- Create, lead, and execute global talent acquisition strategies that align attraction and recruitment resources, processes and plans in accordance with organizational needs by:
- Continually updating talent acquisition strategies and strategic workforce plans by reviewing and working with TA team members to participate in the business’ workforce and succession plans
- Ensuring process efficiencies and needs are optimized by evaluating relevant TA metrics including candidate experience, hiring manager experience, time to fill, offers vs. acceptance ratio, etc.
- Ensure a consistent approach when appropriate, navigating regional legal and governance requirements.
- Partner with all levels of leadership to create talent sourcing and recruitment strategies grounded in a current view of the external talent markets; implementing proactive and innovative activities focused on critical segments of the workforce
- Personally conduct full cycle searches for senior positions including Executive and Enterprise level colleagues
- Support, lead, and measure a business relevant diversity attraction strategy that supports all levels of hiring across the enterprise with the goal of increasing diverse representation, while partnering with the Director, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Collaborate with HR leaders, and business unit leaders to ensure that the TA planning is factored into succession and workforce planning.
- Feed relevant Talent Acquisition activities and metric outputs/trends into future retention plans
- Assess and implement global talent acquisition activities and processes using technology; (ATS, HRIS) and implement appropriate talent acquisition enabling technologies to meet these improvement needs
- Oversee the effectiveness of the global team in the entire TA process: creating advertisements, choosing relevant platforms for advertisements, screening candidates, and hiring recommendations, while supporting the team by:
- Ensuring a robust Total Rewards offering is showcased to talent
- Attend career/job fairs with TA team members
- Acting as a brand ambassador for the Enterprise – able to articulate company values, culture, and employee offerings.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL, COMPETENCIES and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in HR or OD preferred
- 10 years of Talent Acquisition focused work, across multiple geographies
- 5+ years managing a TA focused team strongly preferred
- Min 3 years’ experience in recruiting in a scientifically focused organization
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence key stakeholders, HR and business leaders in a swift growth environment.
- Prior experience optimizing ATS
- Must be both strategic and proactive – able to develop and articulate a high-level learning strategy while monitoring and ensuring results and execution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading a talent acquisition focused team in a fast-paced setting, where specialized talent is key to growth
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills