Why Cello Health Communications?
At Cello Health Communications, we care passionately about the science and making evidence matter across the entire healthcare spectrum. We are expert communicators blending science, strategy and creative to optimise the evidence, articulate the story and navigate appropriate channels to impact outcomes and change behaviour. Our work covers a wide range of disease areas and activities in the field of scientifically focused communications in all channels, including digital.
Our skills are proudly on display through the energy of our people, who strive for excellence in all they do. And our collaborative approach coupled with the exceptional talents of our growing organization offer a unique experience and career within healthcare.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager with a ‘can-do’ spirit, who are excellent communicators. You have a passion for supporting business growth through networking and relationship building. You will work as part of a dynamic team to identify and drive business leads. Specifically, we are looking for people who are:
- Excellent communicators with strong interpersonal skills
- Constantly curious with a relentless interest in learning
- Able to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Collaborative in style and a team player
The Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for creating leads and supporting conversion of those leads to business opportunities for Cello Health Communications.
The role requires a balanced ability to
- Utilize a targeted, rational approach to identify and qualify leads within pharma, biotech, device and diagnostic companies in support of the overall business development strategy
- Perform cold outreach on an ongoing basis to prospects within target organizations to network and identify qualified leads.
- Identify and research key contacts within each identified target organization and customize outreach to those individuals; follow up to qualify, discover specific needs and convert to opportunities.
- Conduct initial consultative conversation to qualify identified prospects and convert them to opportunities for the Cello Health Communications business
- Demonstrate fluency and understanding of our full-service medical communications offering in order to consistently and effectively articulate organizational capabilities
- Participate in live and virtual interactions with prospects and clients to help convert BD opportunities into sales.
- Provide ongoing support to sustain the BD work stream, including real-time updates on outreach activities and status of active opportunities, as well as identification of actions needed to sustain BD pipeline.
- Document interactions and activities according to company standards and formats and ensure shared access through established platforms.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree or work experience equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a business or account development role at a medical communications agency or similar service provider
- Experience navigating within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries; established network of business contacts within the industry preferred
- Proven performance selling services to pharma, biotech and device companies preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint